Last week, I told you about The Gathering: A Time of Worship for Women that my church sponsors. One thing we had at The Gathering was a prayer wall, where we invited women to leave anonymous prayer requests, like the one above, so that we could pray for them.
It’s such a privilege to be able to access God through prayer! I have to admit that I don’t always view it that way. The hymn says, “Oh, what peace we often forfeit, Oh, what needless pain we bear. All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.” I have forfeited a lot of peace over the years because I refused to pray!
I think that’s what the Apostle Paul had in mind in Philippians 4:6-7 when he invited us to make our requests known to God. He said that when we do, “the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Here are the prayer requests and praises to God we received at The Gathering. Will you join us in praying for these women and praising God for how He is working in their lives? You might not know the details of each situation, but God knows, and he is able to immeasurably more than we can ask or think! (Ephesians 3:20)
- For my child and grandchildren to develop relationships with the Lord
- Thank God for His loving mighty hand; prayers for unity, your kingdom now
- Bless my family and increase our income
- Open the eyes of daughter, son-in-law, grandkids and siblings to the gospel
- Bless my family, prayer for both parents that they would come to Christ and be victorious over addictions
- Please help me grow in my faith with You, bless my family
- Forgiveness and procrastination
- Lord, please continue to bestow grace and mercy upon my son and I
- Lord God, please break my heart for the lost. Holy Spirit fill me with your love. Boldness-fire and allow us to reap a harvest for you. Jesus’ glory to you, Lord!
- Pray that our church finds a senior pastor
- Pray for people who don’t know about Jesus
- Pray for salvation for my entire unsaved family and my health
- Reconciliation within my family
- Lord, I have fallen. Please help me to feel worthy of your forgiveness and to be able to hear and feel your Spirit once again!
- Please help me and all Christian women to be a light, bring love, joy and peace everywhere we walk!
- Please help me to grow in my walk with you!
- Lord forgive our sins and heal our land. Lord lead, guide and arrest the heart of President Elect Donald Trump!
- Please pray for my children, that they would come to know the love and power of God in a real and powerful way
- Thank you for healing my mother. Please keep her. Protect my son and make a way for a debt free lifestyle
Do you have a prayer request to add to the list? We’d love to pray for you! Leave your request in the comments below or e-mail us at email@example.com.